Slider

Monday, September 30, 2013

Augusta GA Military Homecoming Photography | Justin, Liz, and Madison

You may remember this family from my facebook page, or the waiting at home session I photographed earlier this summer.  If not, here is a little back story!
I first met Justin and Liz back in 2011 when they booked me to photograph their March 2012 wedding.   We had the best time at their engagement session in the fall of 2011 and again at their March 2012 wedding at Enterprise Mill in Augusta, Georgia.  I figured the next session they would probably see me for would be when the time came for their family to grow!  Little did we all know, Justin would get deployed in the winter of 2012.  After I photographed my first homecoming in March, I knew that I wanted to be there when Justin came home.  I messaged Liz and the plan was set in motion!  I got the call the other week and after a very long 9 months for everyone here state side and for Justin serving our Country overseas, he got to come home!  Please enjoy!

Everything was decorated and ready for the soldiers to return.


There was a lot of nervous hand holding, looking at watches, texting, and passing the time anyway possible.

Receiving this text made Liz light up!  She was so excited and so ready to see Justin.

Seeing each other in person carries a wide array of emotions.  I'm so glad I was able to capture each of them!

Madison took off running when they released the soldiers, Justin took off running when they were released.  It was a special moment when the two met in the middle of the gym.  Liz was able to get in a few smiles!


Liz and Justin finally got that kiss they waited almost 10 months for.


The next few minutes were full of hugs, smiles, tears, laughter, and kisses!

This is what happens when you hire a hilarious photographer!   Justin and Liz wouldn't stop staring at each other.  I wanted to get just one shot of them looking at the camera... I finally said "Y'all can stare at each other all night, but please look at the camera for just one second"   yep laughter from both of them!

Madison was very excited to have Justin home.

Finally a family of 3 again.  Justin, I'm so glad you are back and safe with your loved ones and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for serving and protecting our Country and Freedom.



If you are deployed, deploying, have a family member overseas, or know someone that is.. send me an email! I can let you know how you can receive a free military session with me!  I promise it is 100% free and no strings attached.  I do this as a small thank you to the men and women who serve in our military and their families.











0 comments:

Post a Comment